Application and Residency Conditions 2024-25
As part of the Interdisciplinary Explorations program, Iméra offers a chair designed in collaboration with the Institute of Language, Communication, and the Brain (ILCB).
The research domain of the ILCB focuses on the brain and cognitive bases of language and communication.
Interdisciplinary research at the ILCB is divided into four research programs:
- Development and evolution, with particular attention to the question of the origin of language in individuals and different animal species.
- Neural and cognitive dynamics of language and conversation, with particular attention to the dynamics that enable communication.
- Quantification and mathematical modeling of neural and cognitive dynamic phenomena.
- Language pathologies and their treatment.
Applications may focus on one of these four research domains and should preferably involve collaboration between different research units of the ILCB.
Application deadline: October 16, 2023, 1:00 PM (French time)
Duration of the residency: 10 months (preferably)
Residency period: from September 2, 2024, to July 4, 2025 (10 months)
Applications are open to established researchers from all disciplines.
Candidates are eligible if they meet the following four conditions:
- Have not resided in France for more than 12 months in the three years preceding the call for applications.
- Hold a doctorate or Ph.D. degree.
- Have an employment contract (permanent or non-permanent) in a foreign university or research institution.
- Present a research project related to the theme “Language, Communication, and Brain.”
The holder of the Chair receives a monthly allowance of 3000 euros.
They also benefit from coverage of travel expenses and free accommodation on the premises of the Iméra.
The evaluation criteria for applications include, but are not limited to:
- The candidate’s background and experience.
- The research project.
- Interdisciplinary aspects.
- The potential for interaction with the following laboratories: LPL (UMR 7309), LPC (UMR 7290), LIF (UMR 7279), LNC (UMR 7291), INT (UMR 7289), LIA (EA 4128), INS (INSERM 1106), LSIS (UMR 6168), I2M (UMR 7373), ISM (UMR 7287).
- Scientific excellence and originality of the proposed series of public lectures.
The online application consists of the following documents:
- The completed application form (mandatory fields).
- A curriculum vitae including a list of publications.
- A presentation of the research project (maximum 5 pages) followed by a selective bibliography.
- A letter of support from a researcher or professor at Aix-Marseille University.
The ILCB (Institute of Language, Communication and the Brain) is made up of 10 research units (LPL, LPC, INS, INT, LNC, ISM, LIS, LIA, I2M, PRISM) and 8 experimental platforms (fMRI, MEG, EEG, TMS, primatology, virtual reality, baby lab, speech experimentation centre). It brings together around 200 statutory researchers on the Aix-Marseille-Avignon site. His scientific project focuses on the cerebral and cognitive bases of language and communication. The ILCB brings together the knowledge acquired in the various disciplines concerned: linguistics, neurosciences, psychology, computer science, mathematics and medicine. The ILCB proposes in particular to study the production and perception of language not only in a controlled context, but also to open up new perspectives for the study of its use in more natural contexts. The ILCB also has a support system for experiments with a department dedicated to the analysis and processing of data, made up of 5 engineers in scientific computing and experimentation.