Applications received by Fondation IMéRA will be processed in three stages:
- a shortlisting committee will be responsible for selecting applications;
- shortlisted applications will then be submitted to IMéRA's Scientific Council for evaluation;
- the final selection will be approved by the Foundation's management.
All applications will be reviewed by the Institute's shortlisting committee composed of members of IMéRA's Scientific Organisation Committee and external experts called to give their opinion on specific applications.
The shortlisting committee is responsible for evaluating applications on the basis of the criteria defined by IMéRA and ranking them according to evaluations and the Institute's reception policy.
Application assessment criteria are the following:
· Scientific or artistic value of the project and expected results
· Innovative nature: are issues and research themes new?
· Necessity to connect with other research fields to develop the project
· The possibility of interacting with laboratories and research teams of the University of Aix-Marseille and its area