IMéRA residence proposals are open to senior or junior researchers (scientists outside Aix-Marseille University and artists) of all origins in terms of nationality and disciplines (the Arts and humanities are included).
Research projects carried out at IMéRA focus on interactions within social science, within science, and between social science and formal/experimental/health science, and on relationships between art and science, exploring and enhancing the potential openings between such disciplines and the new objects that may be formed there.
Applications can be individual or collective (multidisciplinary teams).
Scientists must hold a PhD to submit an application. This does not apply to artists.
The expectations of IMéRA for the residencies are detailed in the Charter of the IMéRA résident.
To apply for a residency at IMéRA, proposers must submit an application to Call 2014-2015 (to download).
|IMéRA - Appel d'offres - 2014/2015|
|IMéRA - Call for application - 2014/2015|
Applications will ONLY be submitted on IMéRA's website (application form on line – see below). Applications sent by e-mail or postal mail will NOT be considered.
|Those wishing to take part in the next selection phase should register online not later than 6 May 2013, for residence schemes between 20 February 2014 and 17 July 2015.|
FROM MARCH 6, 2013, Researchers (scientists and artists) can apply for either of the residence schemes offered:
- Accommodation for one person (5 or 10 months) at the following dates:
- 20 Feb 2014 to 18 July 2014 (5 months)
- 15 Sep 2014 to 13 Feb 2015 (5 months)
- 15 Sep 2014 to 17 July 2015 (10 months)
- 19 Feb 2015 to 17 July 2015 (5 months)
- Multidisciplinary team accommodation (2 to 4 weeks)
In the course of July 2013 all candidates will be informed by e-mail of the decision regarding their application.
The Institute will be particularly attentive to applications from the Mediterranean area.
HOW TO APPLYCandidates apply through the online application system.
The following Browsers can be used: Internet Explorer 8 and higher, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
To access the online application system:
- Please create an account by clicking the link CREATE AN ACCOUNT,
You have to choose between three types of application forms:
- Member of a team (for a candidate for the artist or scientist in a team)
- You receive an email confirming the registration of your account (sender:
Validations are performed by the administrator every day of the week from 8am.
- You enter your username and password in the "Espace réservé" of the website in French (at the bottom of the left column of the homepage in French) and click on "CONNEXION"
- You click the blue bar "CLICK RIGHT HERE TO CREATE YOUR APPLICATION"
- You fill out all required fields of the form (marked with an asterisk) and download additional documents requested:
- Curriculum Vitae with list of publications, exhibitions or creations
- Research project that will be developed at IMéRA (5 pages max.),
- Candidates may forward if they wish a letter of reference.
- 6. You save your application form.
|Using your username and password, you can access your application form and modify it until 6 May 2013.
On 7 May 2013, forms will be automatically registered by IMéRA and considered final.